Southwest Airlines Misspelled Name Policy
Category: Travel Blog
Author: Airlines Southwest
In Southwest Airlines' name change policy, passengers can change up to four characters on their tickets. Also, no third-party travel agents can create an updated PNR to change the name on airline flight reservations is possible. Moreover, passengers can process Southwest change name on tickets by name correction up to four characters on the first, middle, or last name. All Southwest name change requests can only be accomplished via the airline's customer service number. The airlines do not allow travelers to change the ownership of their PNR. In such a case, passengers need to cancel the booking, claim a refund, and book a flight with a different traveler's name. These flights are subject to availability. Read below to read more about Southwest Airlines' Misspelled name policy.
For more information about Southwest Airlines Misspelled name policy, call +1-888-821-6817 / 1 (800) 435-9792. Southwest Airlines will provide you with the best assistance their customer service team can offer.
How to change misspelled name on the Southwest ticket?
Here's how to request Southwest Airlines name change online and over the phone –
Southwest Name Change Online
Follow these easy steps to change Southwest's name on the ticket –
- Visit southwest.com and click the 'Manage Bookings' tab to proceed.
- Enter the six-digit booking reference and the passenger's last name, and click the 'Retrieve booking' button to proceed.
- On the next page, click the 'Change name' button to request name correction for your booking.
- Name changes can be requested at any time, and Business Select fares.
- Enter the correct name, as you can modify up to 4 characters for the first, middle, or last name. The count of 4 characters includes all four characters and shall not be understood as 4 characters each for the first and last names.
- You will be asked to pay the name change fee alongside the fare difference, if any.
- Passengers will receive an updated confirmation, requiring them to complete check-in and seat selection again.
Southwest Name Change Over The Phone
Call our customer service number for all name change requests besides name corrections.
- When you speak with the airline representative, you will need your six-digit booking reference.
- Photocopies of legal documents or any other information that reflects the correct name of the passenger must be submitted to change your name.
- You can request name corrections to characters in the first, middle, or last name. Four characters is a combined total, not four characters for each name.
- You will be asked to pay the Southwest Airlines name change fee alongside the fare difference if there is any.
- Once the request is completed, passengers receive an updated confirmation, requiring them to complete check-in and seat selection again.
Process of Changing the misspelled name on southwest airlines Ticket
Name changes can be completed online as well as offline by Southwest Airlines. In addition, both methods are simple so that anyone can use them. Find out more about the online name change method.
Southwest Name Change via online method
Online name change includes following some steps in order. The steps to be taken are as follows:
- Choose a web browser of your choice.
- Visit Southwest Airlines' official website or www.southwest.com.
- Locate the "manage bookings" option on the homepage.
- To complete this step, you will need the passenger's last name and the six-digit reference code. It would help to use the same name you mentioned on your Southwest Airlines reservation.
- Select "Retrieve booking".
- Additionally, select the "change name" option here.
- Make the changes to the name. You can change up to 4 characters in the first, middle, or last name. These four characters can be changed into three names: first, middle, and last.
- Pay the name change fee in addition to the fare difference.
- A confirmation of the name change will be mailed to the passenger.
Southwest Name Change Via Offline Method
Southwest name change requests can also be made offline. You can use the offline method by using Southwest Airlines' phone number and talking to the travel representatives. An expert will complete the name change process once you contact them.
The following points should be kept in mind if you use this method.
- The travel expert will need your six-digit booking reference code to modify your booking name.
- Southwest Airlines' name change policy limits you to changing four characters (first, middle, and last name).
- Provide documentation proof if you wish to change the whole name.
Misspelled name change fees in Southwest Airlines
The next thing passengers should learn about Southwest Airlines' name change policy is the fee structure.
Low-cost airlines like Southwest keep their flyers' budgets in mind.
To know what this airline's fee structure is, refer to the points below:
- There is no fee if you change your name within 24 hours of your reservation. It's true. Under these circumstances, Southwest does not charge any fees.
- The fee for completing the change process after 24 hours is $200. However, according to Southwest Airlines' name change policy, you can only change the name to 4 characters.
- Passengers should also know they may have to pay the fare difference.
Complete the Southwest name change procedure hassle-free by following our guide.
Correcting misspellings or legal name changes on tickets is generally accepted by Southwest Airlines. You'll want to resolve the issue as soon as possible. I hope you read this article carefully. Stay Safe!
Also Read : Southwest Airlines Infant Policy