Southwest Name Correction—How to Fix Misspelled Names
Category: Travel Blog
Author: Airlines Southwest
In Southwest Airlines name change policy, passengers can change up to four characters on their tickets. Also, no third-party travel agents can create an updated PNR to change the name on airline flight reservations if possible. Moreover, passengers can process Southwest change name on tickets by name correction up to four characters on the first, middle, or last name. All Southwest name change requests can only be accomplished via the airline's customer service number. The airlines do not allow travelers to change the ownership of their PNR. In such a case, passengers need to cancel the booking, claim a refund, and book a flight with a different traveler's name. These flights are subject to availability. Read below to read more about Southwest Airlines' name change policy.
For more information about Southwest Airlines Misspelled name policy, call +1-888-821-6817 / 1 (800) 435-9792. Southwest Airlines will provide you with the best assistance their customer service team can offer.
Southwest Airlines Name Change via Mobile App
You can change your name through Southwest's mobile app by following these steps:
- From the hamburger icon (top left), select Look Up Reservations.
- Please provide your confirmation number and first and last name.
- Press the Retrieve reservation button.
- You'll see an edit pencil next to your name if you're eligible to change/correct it (otherwise, it will appear disabled).
Once your name has been successfully updated, you will be taken to the airline's Manage Reservation section. You'll be shown a banner asking you to wait for an email.
Change Name on Southwest Ticket Online
You can easily change Southwest's name on your ticket by following these steps:
- Click on the 'Manage Bookings' tab on southwest.com.
- You can retrieve a booking by entering the six-digit booking reference and the passenger's last name.
- You can request a name correction for your booking by clicking the 'Change name' button on the next page.
- Name changes can be requested at any time, and Business Select fares can be changed.
- You can modify the first, middle, or last name up to four characters. All four characters are included in the count of four, and not two characters for each first and last name.
- A name change fee will be charged along with the fare difference, if any.
- Passengers will receive an updated confirmation, requiring check-in and seat selection again.
When Am I Not Eligible for Name Change/Correction Online?
Passengers not eligible for online name change or correction are mentioned below:
- Extra seat booked passengers.
- Passengers want name corrections after checking bags.
- Passengers with Rapid Rewards number in the booking.
- Passengers with flights departing in 60 minutes (domestic) or 90 minutes (international).
- Passengers with partial itineraries.
- Group reservation passengers
- Lap kids.
Southwest Name Change Fee
The next thing passengers should learn about Southwest Airlines' name change policy is the fee structure.
Low-cost airlines like Southwest keep their flyers' budgets in mind.
To know what this airline's fee structure is, refer to the points below:
- There is no fee if you change your name within 24 hours of your reservation. It's true. Under these circumstances, Southwest does not charge any fees.
- The fee for completing the change process after 24 hours is $200. However, according to Southwest Airlines' name change policy, you can only change the name to 4 characters.
- Passengers should also know they may have to pay the fare difference.
Complete the Southwest name change procedure hassle-free by following our guide.
Southwest Airlines is always available to treat their passengers with the best services and hospitality. You can read about Southwest Airlines name correction policy, associated fees, ways to do so, and many other things. We give you enough information to change your name easily. Stay safe!
Also Read : Southwest Airline Lost and Found: A Comprehensive Guide